This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Shai Hulud Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Outsmoke

re: DECLINED - App: Outsmoke - by Lyssan

MescaliNo wrote:
Well I am going to have to agree with Shonk... should never be frost when you could be blood for tanking 25mans. I can see the benefit of having additional AoE threat in 10s or 5 mans but in 25 man you should be more concerned about making it easier for the healers to keep you up and the best spec for that is blood especially with the 15% bonus HP ontop of the blood spec bonus is just crazy nuts. And 2 hand frost tank on top of that? I are confuzzled... not to mention your play style seems needlessly complicated (hey whatever works for u i guess) Anyway! the position we are looking for is both a dps and a tank spot... do u have any dps gear or spec that we could see? Also meters with your dps would be good.

Here is a link to some logs I just recorded off Sarth 3D for my Unholy DPS set. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/snmhqulae151gkkn/details/18/
Outsmoke

re: Long time no...troll?

Haven't heard from you guys in a while now...but after reading some of the comments on the other apps, I'm guessing that's a good thing lawl =)
zenflux

GS * 15% = Dead Pixel Dragoons
hokken

Denied then. Gearscore is the one and only measuring stick that we use in Shai.

Skill doesn't down bosses, gear does. You can have all the skill in the world, but if you don't have the gear, have fun wiping.

hokken wrote:
I think your giant gearscore scared them away.

Lol..oh and I'm not a big fan of the gScore system, I think your progression and experience current and previous content should be reflected in the score as well...but I have a 6010gs tank set and a 5406gs dps set for anyone who gets wet off such things.
Outsmoke

MescaliNo wrote:
Well I could go either way on this app... seems to have a good understanding about how his class works, put in an effort to answer questions intelligently and took time to make a decent app. On the other hand his spec choices are a little odd but nothing like "wtf are you thinking, stop smoking crack with Remain" just a different play style.... i guess. Only glaring thing I see is a lack of gear.. definitely not at the level of trying to kill Heroic LK. But with the way we tear through ICC 10 and 25 I don't see it taking too long to gear him up especially since the majority of tanking or dps items he would need go to off-spec usually. I vote for giving him a shot, would be nice to have another DK around since all the other ones seem to like to quit immediately after joining or peace out randomly... I guess I scared them away. Do I smell bad or something? Maybe I should shower more than twice a year....

Thank you...and I'm willing to change my spec, change my roll, do whatever I have to do to compliment and strengthen the raid. I know because I am one of them, that people don't like wasting time and not progressing with people that aren't quick enough or aware enough to do their jobs. I digress to say I was one of the main tanks of a guild that had a few fail players, not many but just enough to gimp or progression for an entire month. So last week the guild broke up and here I am, trying to run with the big dogs. Oh and yeah maybe a shower or two may help, I'm more of a once-a-month'er myself =)
hokken

I think your giant gearscore scared them away.

Well I could go either way on this app... seems to have a good understanding about how his class works, put in an effort to answer questions intelligently and took time to make a decent app. On the other hand his spec choices are a little odd but nothing like "wtf are you thinking, stop smoking crack with Remain" just a different play style.... i guess. Only glaring thing I see is a lack of gear.. definitely not at the level of trying to kill Heroic LK. But with the way we tear through ICC 10 and 25 I don't see it taking too long to gear him up especially since the majority of tanking or dps items he would need go to off-spec usually. I vote for giving him a shot, would be nice to have another DK around since all the other ones seem to like to quit immediately after joining or peace out randomly... I guess I scared them away. Do I smell bad or something? Maybe I should shower more than twice a year....
Outsmoke

Nigrupt wrote:
you bet your ass im thorough ... rare tag on your pic, RAPE!!! (first thing i noticed but didnt think it needed mentioning)

Ha! That's rare ELITE fyi! Maybe you're not as thorough as I thought! =)
Nigrupt
Applicant

you bet your ass im thorough ... rare tag on your pic, RAPE!!! (first thing i noticed but didnt think it needed mentioning)

Immoovabull wrote:
The old you guys are thorough I hope I get in strat!

Just kidding, glad you can appreciate it. >_> But maybe we should let him in on account of just his big hands so he and Zeet's big arms can have a fight to the death.

Lawl!
Outsmoke

MescaliNo wrote:
Well I am going to have to agree with Shonk... should never be frost when you could be blood for tanking 25mans. I can see the benefit of having additional AoE threat in 10s or 5 mans but in 25 man you should be more concerned about making it easier for the healers to keep you up and the best spec for that is blood especially with the 15% bonus HP ontop of the blood spec bonus is just crazy nuts. And 2 hand frost tank on top of that? I are confuzzled... not to mention your play style seems needlessly complicated (hey whatever works for u i guess) Anyway! the position we are looking for is both a dps and a tank spot... do u have any dps gear or spec that we could see? Also meters with your dps would be good.

Sure I can do that. I'll log out in my dps gear right now...I must say in my opinion my dps gear is not very impressive, but it can be improved very quickly with BoE's badge gear and such...Do you need me as Blood or Unholy?
Abberation (Moo)

The old you guys are thorough I hope I get in strat!

Just kidding, glad you can appreciate it. >_> But maybe we should let him in on account of just his big hands so he and Zeet's big arms can have a fight to the death.

re: Re: App: Outsmoke

Who do you know in Shai that would be willing to attest to the fact that 1. you don't suck and 2. you'd fit in with us?::
Falaskian

Who's Failaskian?? DENIED!!!

your "combat log" looks like a 10second fight with a target dummy

your ui is interesting to say the least; appears to be a clicker and you have your survivability cds/trinkets on f-keys that are on the far side of your keyboard (dont let shonk see that!). also, im no expert at dk's but where's your blood strike? frost dk's both tank and dps use blood strike right?? cant imagine the only blood rune ability you use while your frost and unholy runes are on cd is blood boil (though your "combat log" doesnt show you using blood strike) .. and i sure hope your rune strike is bound to your nifty little macros you have for your 2 and 3 keys. must have some really long fingers to reach alllll the way over to that 0 key if its not macro'd.

meh, what do i know .... im just a mere shaman who dies on every encounter because i'm cybering with toblee.

snoogans

To tell you the truth I wasn't exactly sure how thurough to be when it came to my Recount screenshot. After all, the question only asks for "atleast a Recount screenshot, displaying your abilities", and after looking at the screenshot I can see where anyone could have mistakenly overlooked the dark green area on the pie chart, which one can infer belongs to my Blood Strike Ability that is displayed just out of view due to an inability to adjust the size of the Recount Detail Window. But yes, you're absolutely right, it is a short run on a target dummy =)

Also it's funny you mentioned my hands because I happen to have freakishly large hands capable of spanning my entire Microsoft SideWinder x6 keyboard. Don't believe me? http://docs.google.com/View?id=dg3zkftc_22gtwr3tgd

As far as my UI goes, I started out using 50+ addons with view ports and extravagent HuD's but I found this minimalistic approach more appealing because it puts all the info I need to know right in my face. I now believe in the KISS model (Keep it simple stupid!) that I learned as an IT student back in college.

When it comes to my macros, KISS is out the window. I use an array of in-game macros as well as keyboard macros to perform many functions. I think the easiest way to explain the way I play is to break it down by spec and situation...

As a Blood Tank in AoE Situations I drop a DnD then use a cast sequence macro to apply and spread my diseases with my left hand, then I tab-target through all the mobs using my right hand for my Heart Strike, Death strike, and Death Coil abilities, which by the way are all
macro-ed to attempt to cast Runestrike and Bloodtap whenever available. Other than that I have alt modifiers for my left hand as well, enabling me to quickly use mindfreeze and deathgrip whenever necessary.

As a Blood Tank in Single Target Situations I use a castsequence macro to apply my diseases with my left hand. and I use my right hand for my Heart Strike, Death strike, and Death Coil abilities, which are all macro-ed to attempt to cast Runestrike and Bloodtap whenever available.

As a Frost Tank in AoE Situations I drop a DnD and Howling Blast then use a castsequence macro to apply and spread my diseases with my left hand, then I tab-target through all the mobs using my right hand to spam Howling Blast, Blood Strike, and Frost Strike, with my pinky figer hovering over my Hungering Cold ability ready to pick up loose adds. Which are again, all macroed to attempt to cast Runestrike and Blood Tap whenever available.

As a Frost Tank in Single Target Situations I use a castsequence macro to run through Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Obliterate, Blood Strike, Blood Strike, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Obliterate, Obliterate on my left hand, while using my right hand to spam Howling Blast, Rune Strike, and Frost Strike. I choose not to use the macroed Rune Strike in this situation because I like being able to better manage my runic power in case I need to pop defensive cool downs like Icebound Fortitude, anti-magic shell, and death pact which all require between 20-40 runic power.

Oh and lawl! I'm no clicker by far...the only things I click are when laying my DnD and applying my Hysteria to the feral druid by left clicking their name on my Grid addon.

You guys are pretty thurough, I hope I get in! =)

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Shai Hulud Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum